Nutrition for Optimal Health
- Only $49.99
- Unlimited Access!
- 27 Streaming Videos!
- Interactive Quizzes!
- Discussion Forum!
- 25 Downloadable Recipes!
Proper nutrition is essential if you want to look and feel your best, yet so many of us do not appreciate how much diet influences both our physical and mental health. So if you would like to discover which foods are best for nourishing your body and your mind then enrolling on this course is a fantastic step on a new life-long wellness journey.
The course is divided into five lessons covering different food groups, and each lesson contains around 20 minutes of streaming video. Julie introduces you to each food, shows you how best to prepare it, explains the nutritional benefits and then provides a variety of imaginative ways to include the foods in your diet. There are downloadable recipes, quizzes to make sure you have absorbed the information as well as a live discussion section at the end where Julie will respond to your questions.
- Green Leafy Vegetables
- How to prepare and cook five different green leafy vegetables
- The nutritional value of green leafy vegetables
- How to wash and store green leafy vegetables properly
- How to incorporate green leafy vegetables into your diet
- Five green leafy vegetable recipes
- Whole Grains
- What is a whole grain
- How to store whole grains
- Which whole grains have the best nutritional value
- Five recipes that include whole grains
- Unrefined oils and why are they good for you
- Refined oils and why they can be bad for you
- How to store and use different oils
- How to incorporate unrefined oils into your diet
- Five recipes incorporating unrefined oils
- Natural Sweeteners
- Which natural sweeteners are the most beneficial for health and why
- How to use natural sweeteners in food preparation
- How to store natural sweeteners properly
- How to cook five recipes that include natural sweeteners
- How to incorporate natural sweeteners into your diet
- Which superfoods are the most beneficial for your health and why
- How to select and prepare superfoods
- How to store these superfoods properly
- How to incorporate these superfoods into your diet
- Five superfood recipes
By the end of this course you will have the knowledge you need to revolutionise your eating habits. You will have learned about the production, cultivation and history of a wide variety of foods and understand how these foods can play a vital role in keeping your body healthy. You will understand how best to select, prepare and store them. Lastly, you will have learned a variety of exciting ways to include these nutritious foods in your diet.
Julie Montagu, The Flexi Foodie, is one of London’s top yoga and nutrition teachers and recently named Top 10 Holistic Health Icons in the world and one of Britain’s most inspiring women. As Cosmopolitan said: ‘Among London’s taut-buttocked set, the name Julie Montagu is talked about with the sort of reverence reserved for the Dalai Lama. (Her Sunday class in SW3 gets so packed that she often teaches standing on a radiator. True Story.)’ Julie is the brains behind her new membership wellness site (www.truly-julie.com), and author of 3 International best-selling books: Superfoods, Eat Real Food and Superfoods, Superfast. She has her own column called ‘Small moments of Self-Care’ in the hugely popular Grazia magazine and is a regular contributor for Mind Body Green. Married with four children, Julie divides her time between London and the family estate at Mapperton. Head to www.juliemontagu.com to find out more and follow her on Facebook/Twitter at @juliemontagu / Instagram @theflexifoodie
- Only $49.99
- For: Unlimited Access, 27 Streaming Videos, Interactive Quizzes, Discussion Forum and 25 Downloadable Recipes!